Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another Step Closer

I received a call from the surgeon's office today and they confirmed that all of the reports are in and that they have prepared and submitted the paperwork to my insurance to get approved for the surgery. The review and approval process, they said, usually takes 1-2 weeks. So I should have a definite approval in the next couple of weeks. Then comes setting up the next appointment with the surgeon and setting the date!

Last Friday I got my CPAP machine. It sure is a nifty, high-tech contraption! I have been using it for 4 nights now and I do feel a difference. Today is not a great example because at some point last night, the breathing mask came apart and I just set it to the side. I don't remember doing this and I have no idea how long I slept without it, so I am more tired today than I have been the last couple of days. I am still getting used to it, but it does seem to be helping a little bit. I can't wait until my husband gets his set up to wear, too. I hate feeling like I'm the only alien in the house! Much to my disappointment, the technician who set up my machine for me told me that only 18-20% of bariatric patients ever go completely off of the CPAP machine. That is a very depressing statistic, but I am praying hard that I am one of those 18-20%! But in the end, if I sleep better and have a better attitude because of it, I will be a happier, more active person and that will make it worthwhile!

On another note, my friend and inspiration, Ginger, is now down to a size 6! I am thrilled for her! I pray that I have the will to be as strong and as consistent as she has been in this process!

No comments:

Post a Comment