Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two More Weeks and Counting...

I had my follow up with the surgeon today and I actually managed to drop 3 pounds since the last visit at the end of June. He was happy about that and so was I considering we were on vacation last week and I certainly wasn't watching what I ate! Starting Monday, though, I have to seriously start my protein shake regimen - 2 per day and a "sensible" dinner. I already went down this road with the Pure brand protein shakes that are ready to drink. I did not stay full, so it was a challenge. Somehow I am going to have to manage to get through this. It's only for 2 weeks and then after surgery, I will be full because my stomach will be so much smaller!

I have been on this online support group for gastric bypass surgery and the stories are just amazing. One lady is 7 weeks post-op and has already lost 56 pounds. It's hard to believe that in mid-October that could be me.

Next time I post I will have my official "before" pictures to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment