Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Consultation

I received the call from the surgeon's office today and have scheduled my initial consultation for April 7th. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. It is a 2-hour appointment...wow!! I don't remember spending 2 hours in a doctor's office unless it was urgent care or the emergency room! I'm glad to know that the surgeon is going to take his time with the initial consultation, though. Surgery is such a serious step to take and I'm relieved to know that the doctor gives the appointments the time and consideration it deserves. At this appointment we will discuss what procedure I'm interested in and all of the options, as well as begin to set up my appointments for pre-op assessments and tests. The insurance company will approve me for surgery only after all of my pre-op assessments and tests have come back and those doctors have approved me for the surgery. With any luck, maybe I will have these done by the end of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment